We are very pleased to be able to re-open the Champion Bowland Small Grants Scheme on a limited basis.
We invite applications by the end of December 2021 which we will review by the end of January 2022.
Up to 100% grant funding may be available for suitable projects although in this case applicants will be expected to contribute in-kind towards project delivery.
Public, private, voluntary sector, individuals, businesses or community groups can apply. Individuals or businesses can only be beneficiaries where the project shows a clear benefit to the wider community or visitors to the Forest of Bowland AONB.
All projects must be carried out within the Forest of Bowland AONB itself or bring clear benefits to the AONB if located within a 2 kilometer buffer zone around the statutory designated area.
Projects applying to the fund must achieve at least 3 of the following objectives to the satisfaction of the grants panel, the trustees of Champion Bowland:
- Provide information for visitors about the Forest of Bowland special qualities and facilities in the area
- Improve access for all sectors of the community
- Maintain the landscape and access to it to improve visitor enjoyment
- Improve and promote the built and cultural heritage of the area
- Improve the appearance of tourism, heritage and community facilities
- Demonstrate commitment to the project by way of providing match funding, maintenance, in-kind contributions or your own fundraising
Applications may be subject to competitive judgment depending on the number and size of applications received.
The maximum grant will remain at £750.
For more details and advice on how to submit a claim CLICK HERE.