About the Fund
Projects can apply for up to a maximum of £750 (This includes VAT if the organisation is not VAT registered)
Up to 100% grant funding may be available for suitable projects although in this case applicants will be expected to contribute in-kind towards project delivery
Projects applying to the fund must achieve at least 3 of the following objectives to the satisfaction of the grants panel, the trustees of Champion Bowland:
- Improve, conserve and protect important landscapes and habitats in the Forest of Bowland
- Provide information for visitors about the Forest of Bowland special qualities and facilities in the area
- Improve access for all sectors of the community
- Maintain the landscape and access to it to improve visitor enjoyment
- Improve and promote the built and cultural heritage of the area
- Improve the appearance of tourism, heritage and community facilities
- Demonstrate commitment to the project by way of providing match funding, maintenance, in-kind contributions or your own fundraising
Application form (pdf)
Application form (doc)
Guidance Notes (pdf)
Completed application forms should be sent to:
Champion Bowland, c/o Kettledrum, Root Hill Estate Yard, Dunsop Bridge, Clitheroe, Lancashire BB7 3AY
Who can apply?
Public, private, voluntary sector, individuals, businesses or community groups can apply. Individuals or businesses can only be beneficiaries where the project shows a clear benefit to the wider community or visitors to the Forest of Bowland AONB.
All projects must be carried out within the Forest of Bowland AONB itself or bring clear benefits to the AONB if located within a 2 kilometre buffer zone around the statutory designated area. Click here to view a map.
How will applications be assessed?
Applications will be processed by the AONB Unit and assessed by the Trustees who may take advice from representatives from a range of organisations which work within or are involved in work carried out in the Forest of Bowland. This may include County and District Council Officers working in the Forest of Bowland AONB, The Environment Agency, The Wildlife Trust and other relevant bodies where appropriate.
The Fund aims give a decision on an application within 4 weeks. The assessment will also take into account cost-effectiveness and value for money.
Payment will be made upon production of a brief final report, proof of expenditure in the form of invoices, and photographs of the completed project
All projects will be monitored prior to final payment
Payments are usually paid in arrears. However if there are circumstances that require funding to be paid in advance then please contact us and we will discuss the options which may be available.