Since 2008 HMRC has recognised Champion Bowland as a charity so taxpaying donors can provide an extra 25% by completing a Gift Aid declaration ( pdf)
Champion Bowland has raised money through the distribution of Forest of Bowland pin badges and continues to offer the collecting boxes for small cash donations to tourism operators.
Champion Bowland would like to expand the work with local visitor-oriented businesses to run 'Visitor Giving'. This is where the business invites its customers to include a donation with their payment for goods or services. This works best when the donation is linked with a specific project in the vicinity.
Here are some suggestions for you:-
- Suggest an optional donation added to the cost of a stay
- Or an optional donation on to the price of meal or a cup of tea
- If you lend out maps, guide books or binoculars ask for a small donation
- Sell the Forest of Bowland Badges (see above)
- Organise a specific event to publicise your business and raise funds for Champion Bowland
If you have any ideas for innovative visitor giving schemes, please let us know.